Tuesday, April 9, 2013

To Hack Health Care Costs, Employers Can Now Track How You Grocery Shop

"'Your boss will never know what you’re eating,' says NutriSavings CEO."

Sure. I believe that. 

I think because I buy so little at the grocery store, and because whatever savings I get from use of the store card is minimal, I should consider not using it. It should be a simple habit to break.

Don't you wish you could see the aggregated data about you? Or maybe not. Life off the grid is looking better and better. I'm already starting to use cash more often, and hit the 'net anonymously.

There was a story in the local paper this morning about a town who surrendered citizens' email addresses
because of a FOIA request. Strange, though, how easily government gives up information like this, but is willing to fight to the death against providing information pertaining to its own perfidy.

It's a scary world.

No comments:

Post a Comment