Friday, February 6, 2015
CISSP Credential Enhancements and New Edition of Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK
As a result of a rigorous, methodical process that (ISC)² follows to routinely update its credential exams, it has announced that enhancements will be made to both the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) credential, beginning April 15, 2015. (ISC)² conducts this process on a regular basis to ensure that the examinations and subsequent training and continuing professional education requirements encompass the topic areas relevant to the roles and responsibilities of today’s practicing information security professionals.
Effective April 15, 2015, the CISSP domain names have been updated as follows:
1. Security and Risk Management (Security, Risk, Compliance, Law, Regulations, Business Continuity)
2. Asset Security (Protecting Security of Assets)
3. Security Engineering (Engineering and Management of Security)
4. Communications and Network Security (Designing and Protecting Network Security)
5. Identity and Access Management (Controlling Access and Managing Identity)
6. Security Assessment and Testing (Designing, Performing, and Analyzing Security Testing)
7. Security Operations (Foundational Concepts, Investigations, Incident Management, Disaster Recovery)
8. Software Development Security (Understanding, Applying, and Enforcing Software Security)
Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fourth Edition will be the first book to address the new eight domains CBK framework.